Yuba City California Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
http://www.co.yuba.ca.us/departments/library/ Yuba City California Stake covers 11 surrounding wards in Northern California between 50-60 miles North of Sacramento. Our stake members attend the Sacramento Temple, located at 2110 California Circle, Rancho Cordova, CA 95742-6402. Their contact # 916-357-5870. Their website is http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/sacramento/ .
- 1470 Butte House Rd Yuba City CA 95993 United States
- The center is located on the North East side of the Stake Center.
- There is ample parking, handicapped parking and handicapped access into the center.
Calendar and Events
Olivehurst Ward Fireside on August 12 @ 0630p to feature Family History. This will be at the Marysville Building. Any questions contact Brother Linfor via Robin@Linfor.Net
Staff Training Meetings
- Held the 2nd Thursday each month.
Thought -- Matthew 12:33 "Make the tree good and its fruit good.... for a tree is known by its fruit."
- Family History Day at The California State Archives coming Oct 13th, 0830 to 430p; free admission; more information at http://fhdnews.blogspot.com/
- 2012 Table Talks by Yuba County Marysville Library in CA Local History Archives Room. FREE. Call 530-749-7386 for complete listing.
Oct. 27 Genealogy subjects (x4)
- Includes a wide variety of book collections and valuable information of resources included in book format for those who can't use microfilm or microfiche. These include New England History, individual states, Dollarhide's Maps to County Census in the Early Years of the USA, The Source Book, etc.
Databases and Software
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog. FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to 10 premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. These include Ancestry.com; Heritage Quest; Footnote.com; Godfrey Memorial Library and other resource.
Free Genealogical Tools
- 6 generation chart http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~cancgs/tools/pedigree_chart_6_levels.pdf
- google language translater http://translate.google.com/#
- grave locator - http://www.findagrave.com or http://billiongraves.com
- compiled lists of genealogical resources(Cyndi's List) - http://cyndislist.com
- immigration help - http://stevemorse.org (1 step approach)
Hardware and Equipment
- Computers, Microfilm readers, Microfiche Readers, printers, copy machine, & microfilm/fiche copier.
Resources in the Local Area
- Sacramento Regional Family History Center is located at 2745 Eastern Ave, Sacramento, CA, between El Camino & Marconi. Phone: (916) 487-2090. Open Tue - Fri. Call for time.
- Genweb Site for Yuba County
- Yuba County Library located at 303 Second Street, Marysville, CA, (530) 749-7380. Their website is http://www.co.yuba.ca.us/departments/library
Societies as listed
- California State Archives; Phone: (916) 653-2246 :
- 1020 O Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
- They have the following records in inventory: Birth: 1905 - 1926; Court: 1871 - 1927; Death: 1905 - 1921; Land: 1849 - 1937; Marriage: 1889 - 1930; Naturalization: 1854 - 1927; Probate: 1872 - 1926
- 1020 O Street
- Sutter-Yuba Genealogical Society: PO Box 1004, Yuba City CA 95992
- Sutter County Historical Society: P. O. Box 2523 P.O. Marysville, CA 95901
- County Vital Records can be found through:
- Sutter County Clerk, P.O. Box 1555, Yuba City, CA 95992 Phone: (530) 822-7120
- Sutter County Library, 750 Forbes Ave, Yuba City, CA 95991, Phone: (530) 822-7137
Volunteer at the Center
Come join us as we try to unlock puzzles in finding ancestors for our patrons. We are interested for volunteers for 3 hour shifts anytime and if you can substitute. Please come in and let us know.
- This page was last modified on 18 July 2014, at 23:53.
- This page has been accessed 1,728 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page