10th Virginia Regiment (Revolutionary War)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
This Unit was formed in ... Companies recruited men from Augusta, Amherst, Caroline, Culpeper, Cumberland, Fairfax, Fauquier, Orange, Spotsylvania, Stafford, and King George counties. Field officers were Colonel John Green, Colonel Edward Stevens, Lt. Colonel Lewis Willis, and Major Samuel Hawes.
- Company - Captain Thomas Blackwell
- Company - Captain Clough Shelton
- Company - Captain John Gillison
- Company - Captain David Laird
- Company - Captain John Mountjoy
- Company - Captain John Spotswood
- Company - Captain Richard Stevens
- Company - Captain John Syne
- Company - Captain Thomas West
- The information above is from 10th Virginia Regiment at Valley Forge Legacy: The Muster Roll Project.
- Rosters Companies 1-9
- Lt. Colonel Samuel Hopkins of Albemarle County, captured at Charleston, S.C.
- ↑ "10th Virginia Regiment," Valley Forge Legacy: The Muster Roll Project, http://valleyforgemusterroll.org/regiments/va10.asp, accessed 23 January 2012.
- ↑ "Samuel Shelton was settled in the county from the beginning. In 1745 he purchased five hundred and fifty acres ... Samuel Shelton died in 1793. His wife's name was Judith, and his children were Clough, Joseph, Samuel, David, Elizabeth the wife of John Tindall, and the wife of John Lewis, who lived near Scott's Landing. Clough was a Captain in the Revolutionary army, and was taken prisoner at the surrender of Charleston. He died about 1833. His children were Nelson, Maria, the wife of Robert Anderson, Cicely, the wife of a Walker, and William A." See Edgar Woods, Albemarle County in Virginia: Giving Some Account of What It Was by Nature, of What It Was Made by Man, and of Some of the Men Who Made It (Charlottesville, Va.: The Michie Company Printers, 1901), 313.
- ↑ Edgar Woods, Albemarle County in Virginia: Giving Some Account of What It Was by Nature, of What It Was Made by Man, and of Some of the Men Who Made It (Charlottesville, Va.: The Michie Company Printers, 1901), 229, 367-368.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki