151st Regiment, Indiana InfantryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
This Unit was organized at Indianapolis, Indiana, and mustered in March 3, 1865. They mustered out September 19, 1865 at Nashville, Tennessee.
For more information on the history of this unit, see:
- The Civil War Archive section, 151st Regiment Infantry, (accessed 25 May 2012).
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Officer and Non-Commissioned Office - see Roster
- Company A - many men from La Porte County - see Roster on page 578
- Company B - many men from Porter and Lake counties - see Roster on page 579
- Company C - many men from Miami County - see Roster on page 581
- Company D - many men from Miami County - see Roster on page 582
- Company E - many men from Lake County - see Roster on page 584
- Company F- many men from Cass County - see Roster on page 585
- Company G - many men from White County - see Roster on page 586
- Company H - many men from Knox County - see Roster on page 588
- Company I - many men from Marshall County - see Roster on page 589
- Company K - many men from La Porte and St. Joseph counties - see Roster on page 591
- Unassigned Recuits - see Roster on page
The list of companies with their counties and their rosters are on the 151th Regimen, Indiana Infantry on CIVIL WAR INDEX web site. (accessed 29 Jan 2011)
- Companies A, and D - many men from Puliaski County 
- Companies A, E, and K - many men from La Porte County 
- Companies B, and E - many men from Porter County 
- Indiana State Digital Achives for Civil War can be searched by soldier's name (accessed 1 May 2011)
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in ‘Indiana in the Civil War’ and ‘United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865’ (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Indiana in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Indiana, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- The Civil War Archive. (accessed 13 Dec 2010) Website with histories of the Indiana Regiments.
- List of Indiana Civil War regiment (accessed 13 Dec 2010) List of Indiana Regimental that are on Wikipedia.
- Union Army Regimental History Index (accessed 14 Dec 2010) Index Of Regimental Histories: Artillery, Cavalry, Infantry, and other units, states Alabama to Indiana
- ↑ National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System (accessed 4 January 2011).
- ↑ "Fall of Sumter" Chapter 2 in Arthur, Carrie, Edna Bierrum, and Berniece Drybread. 1973.Index to counties of White and Pulaski, Indiana. Historical and biographical. (Winamac, Indiana: The Pulaski County Genealogical Society.),(page 486-504, Regiment, Company),977.29 H2w FHL US/CAN Book FHL Collection other librariesINTERNET ARCHIVE
- ↑ "Military Record" Chapter 25 in Packard, Jasper. 1976. History of LaPorte County, Indiana, and its townships, towns and cities. (Evansville, Ind: Unigraphic.),(page 377-380; Regiment,Companies, Name's); FamilySearch Books Online; 977.291 H2p FHL US/CAN Book FHL Collection other libraries;
- ↑ "Military History", Chapter 6 in Lewis Publishing Company. cn. 1911. History of Porter County, Indiana;: a narrative account of its historical progress, its people and its principal interests 977.298 H2h FHL US/CAN Book; FHL Collection(page 111; Regiment, Company) INTERNET ARCHIVE
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki