32nd Regiment, New York InfantryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The 32nd Regiment, New York Infantry was organized at Staten Island, New York and mustered in May 31, 1861. The regiment mustered out June 9, 1863. 
Batteries in this Battalion with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
Company A – Principally recruited in Tomkins County.
Company B – Principally recruited in Montgomery County.
Company C – Principally recruited in Fulton County.
Company D – Principally recruited in Montgomery County.
Company E – Principally recruited in New York and Tompkins counties.
Company F – Principally recruited in New York County.
Company G – Principally recruited in New York County.
Company H – Principally recruited in Westchester County.
Company I – Principally recruited in Tompkins County.
Company K – Principally recruited in New York County.
1. Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System has the information listed above and may have additional historical information. Searches can be made by name of a soldier or sailor. Information about cemeteries battles, prisoners, medals of honor and national parks is also included.
3. The Union Army : a History of Military Affairs in the Loyal States, 1861-65, Records of the Regiments in the Union Army, Cyclopedia of Battles, Memoirs of Commanders and Soldiers, Reprint of original published: Madison, WI.: Federal Pub. Co., 1908. Other libraries with this book, FHL Books 973 M2ua, vols. 1-9
4. Frederick Henry Dyer, A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion, (Des Moines, Iowa: Dyer Publishing Co., 1908), as cited at Civil War Soldiers; Sailors System (database on-line).
5. New York State Division of Military and Naval Affairs. "Unit History Project : New York State Military Museum and Veterans Research Center at citing Frederick Phisterer, New York in the War of the Rebellion, 3rd ed. (Albany, N.Y.: J. B. Lyon Company, 1912).
6. Hawks, Steve, The Civil War in the East. Database.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki