7th Virginia Regiment (Revolutionary War)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The 7th Regiment was formed in February, March, April, and May of 1776 at Gloucester County Courthouse. Companies recruited men from Halifax, Albemarle, Botetourt, Gloucester, King William, Essex, Middlesex, Cumberland, King and Queen, Orange and Fincastle Counties. Field officers were Colonel Alexander McClanachan, Lt. Colonel Holt Richardson, and Major John Cropper.
- Company - Captain Joseph Crockett
- Company - Captain Charles Flemming
- Company - Captain Thomas Hill
- Company - Captain Mathew Jouett
- Company - Captain Henry Young
- Company - Captain William Moseley
- Company - Captain Thomas Posey
- Company - Captain Joseph Spencer
- Company - Captain John Webb
- Company - Captain Reubin Liscomb
- The information above is from 7th Virginia Regiment at Valley Forge Project: The Muster Roll Project.
- Rosters Companies 1-10
- ↑ "7th Virginia Regiment," Valley Forge Legacy: The Muster Roll Project, http://valleyforgemusterroll.org/regiments/va7.asp, accessed 23 January 2012.
- ↑ Captain Jouett was from Albemarle County, Virginia. See Edgar Woods, Albemarle County in Virginia: Giving Some Account of What It Was by Nature, of What It Was Made by Man, and of Some of the Men Who Made It (Charlottesville, Va.: The Michie Company Printers, 1901), 240-242.