8th Virginia Regiment (Revolutionary War)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The 8th Regiment was formed in February, March, and April of 1776 at Suffolk County Courthouse. Companies recruited men from Frederick, Dunmore (Shenandoah), Berkeley, Augusta, Hampshire, Fincastle, and Culpeper Counties and West Augusta District. Field officers were Colonel Abraham Bowman, Lt. Colonel John Markham, Major Jonathan Clark, and Major Alexander Morgan.
- Company - Captain Jonathan Clark
- Company - Captain David Stephenson
- Company - Captain Thomas Berry
- Company - Captain Robert Higgins
- Company - Captain William Grogham
- Company - Captain John Steed
- Company - Captain Abraham Kirkpatrick
- Company - Captain Abel Westfall
- Company - Captain Isaac Israel
- Company - 1st Lieutenant John Graves
- The information above is from 8th Virginia Regiment at Valley Forge Legacy: The Muster Roll Project.</span
- Rosters Companies 1-8
- ↑ "8th Virginia Regiment," Valley Forge Legacy: The Muster Roll Project, http://valleyforgemusterroll.org/regiments/va8.asp, accessed 23 January 2012.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More