93rd Regiment, New York InfantryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The 93rd Regiment, New York Infantry was organized at Albany, N. Y., October, 1861, to January, 1862. The regiment mustered out June 29, 1865.
For more information on the history of this unit, see:
- The Civil War Archive section, 93rd Regiment Infantry "Morgan Rifles", (accessed 10 August 2012).
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
Company A - recruited principally at (Chester), Warren County
Company B - (Hobart's Company, 2d United States Sharpshooters) recruited principally at (Albany), Albany County
Company C - recruited principally at (Minerva), Essex County
Company D - recruited principally at (North Hamden), Delaware County
Company E - recruited principally at (Cortland Village), Cortland County
Company F - recruited principally at (Fort Edward), Washington County
Company G - recruited principally at (Cambridge), Washington County
Company H - recruited principally at (Boston), Erie County
Company I - recruited principally at (Argyle), Washington County
Company K - recruited principally at (Troy), Rensselaer County
- Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System has the information listed above and may have additional historical information. Searches can be made by name of a soldier or sailor. Information about cemeteries battles, prisoners, medals of honor and national parks is also included.
- Phisterer, Frederick. New York in the War of the Rebellion, 1861 to 1865. Albany, New York : J.B. Lyon, 1912. Google Books, other libraries with this book, FHL Book 974.7 M2p; FHL Film 1486494-6
- The Union Army : a History of Military Affairs in the Loyal States, 1861-65, Records of the Regiments in the Union Army, Cyclopedia of Battles, Memoirs of Commanders and Soldiers, Reprint of original published: Madison, WI.: Federal Pub. Co., 1908. Other libraries with this book, FHL Books 973 M2ua, vols. 1-9
- Corser, E. S. (Elwood Spencer). Record of the life of Elwood Spencer Corser of John A. Rawlins Post No. 126 : written for the records of the post, 1911. (Bethesda, Maryland : University Publications of America, c1992) FHL Fiche 6083782
- Frederick Henry Dyer, A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion, (Des Moines, Iowa: Dyer Publishing Co., 1908), as cited at Civil War Soldiers; Sailors System (database on-line).
- Hawks, Steve, The Civil War in the East. Database.
- King, David H. History of the ninety-third regiment, New York Volunteer Infantry, 1861- 1865. (Washington, District of Columbia: Library of Congress, Photo duplication Service, 1965) FHL Film 981170 and (Bethesda, Maryland : University Publications of America, c1992) FHL Film 6083783
- New York State Division of Military and Naval Affairs. "Unit History Project : New York State Military Museum and Veterans Research Center at citing Frederick Phisterer, New York in the War of the Rebellion, 3rd ed. (Albany, N.Y.: J. B. Lyon Company, 1912).
- Robertson, Robert Stoddart. Personal recollections of the war : a record of service with the Ninety-Third New York Vol. Infantry and the First Division, Second Corps, Army of the Potomac. (Bethesda, Maryland : University Publications of America, c1992) FHL Fiche 6083785
- Robertson, Robert Stoddart. From the Wilderness to Spottsylvania : a paper read before the Ohio Commandery of the Military Order of the Loyal Legion of the United States. (Bethesda, Maryland : University Publications of America, c1992) FHL Fiche 6083784