Acton Turville, GloucestershireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
ACTON-TURVILLE (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Chipping-Sodbury, Lower division of the hundred of Grumbald's Ash, W. division of the county of Gloucester, 5¾ miles (E.) from Chipping-Sodbury . This place, which lies on the border of Wiltshire,with roads branching off from the village to the towns of Malmesbury, Chippenham, Bath, and Chipping-Sodbury, respectively. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
|FMP = FindMyPast.co.uk (£)|
|FREG = FreeReg.org.uk|
|JOIN = Joiner's Marriage Index - (£)|
|PALL = Pallot's Marriage Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|ACTON TURVILLE PARISH (year) Online Records|
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, non conformists and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 288770.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Gloucestershire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Lewis Samuel A.,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 9-12. Date accessed: 08 April 2013..
- ↑ 'Boyd's Marriage Index - Parish details by county,' Origins.net, accessed 1 December 2012.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Gloucestershire Coverage,' Joiner's Marriage Index, accessed 29 January 2014.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki