Albany County, VermontEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Albany was an original county of New York created in 1683. Part of Albany County's land claim included territory that would eventually become Vermont and New Hampshire. Even some of Albany's daughter counties would become part of Vermont in 1777, or New Hampshire in 1782:
- For records of Albany County prior to 1777, see Albany County, New York.
- For records of Cumberland and Gloucester counties since 1770, see their respective present-day Vermont counties.
- For records of eastern Charlotte County 1772-1777, see Washington County, New York.
- For records of eastern Charlotte County 1777-1781, see Bennington County, Vermont.
- A few records from Vermont and New Hampshire prior to 1777 may also be found at the New York State Archives.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki