Alpheton, Suffolk GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Alpheton, Suffolk family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Sudbury PLU|
|Parish registers: 1571|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1563|
|Diocese||Pre-1837 - Norwich; Post-1836 - Ely|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Sudbury|
|Location of Archive|
|Suffolk Record Office|
If you live in Suffolk you will have access to a variety of resources at local archives and libraries. For those who live further afield, one can access microfilm and online records at LDS Family History Centres. Refer to Alpheton and Suffolk in the Family History Library Catalogue for available records.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Alpheton, Suffolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|1813 = Suffolk Marriage Index (1813-37) (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|FMP = FindMyPast - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|Alpheton, Suffolk Genealogy Parish Online Records|
| This section requires expansion with:
Information about parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, parish chest records, non conformist and other types of church records. Also add links to online parish collections. Make reference to records found in the FHLC. To locate resources, look at Suffolk Parishes in the FHL catalogue.
There are census records available for Alpheton from 1841 to 1911. Census records are available on a variety of subscription and other websites. If you need to consult the 1841 to 1891 census on microfilm, refer to Alpheton Censusin the catalogue.
There is statistical data available for the census years 1801 to 1931 that records the number of houses, families, people, and other statistical data for every parish in Suffolk.
Refer to the Suffolk Census wiki article for details about the Census.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Suffolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72). Date accessed: 16 September 2013.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 44-49. Date accessed and adapted: 20 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Suffolk Marriage Index (1813-37) Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 6 December 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Suffolk Baptism Index Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 6 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Suffolk Marriage Index Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 6 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 4 December 2013.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News