Antony, CornwallEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||St Germans PLU|
|Registration District||St Germans|
|Parish registers: 1677|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1608|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall|
|Location of Archive|
|Cornwall Record Office|
ANTONY, a parish and a subdistrict, in the district of St. Germans, Cornwall. The parish is called also Anthony-in-East and St. Jacob Anthony; lies on Lynher creek and the Hamoaze, 4 miles S of Saltash railway station, and 4 SE of St. Germans. 
Antony St James the Great is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cornwall. Other places in the parish include: St Jacob, West Antony, and Wilcove.
The medieval parish church is located in Antony at OS grid reference SX 399 547. Dedicated to St James, the church includes structural elements from the 13th, 14th and 15th centuries. The church houses memorials to members of the Carew family of Antony (18th century) and a large monumental brass to Margery Arundell, 1420
Births, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is Free BMD.
Antony, Cornwall parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Antony, Cornwall Parish Online Records|
||1593-1790, 1866-1925|| |
Cornwall Online Parish Clerks
An extremely useful resource is the Cornwall Online Parish Clerks page for the parish http://www.cornwall-opc.org/Par_new/a_d/antony.php
The history, registers and much more have been contributed by the Online Parish clerk for Antony.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241259.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdictions over this parish. Go to Cornwall Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary Jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
There are many maps and gazetteers showing English places. Valuable Web sites are:
WebsitesAdd here any relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
|This Cornwall-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
- ↑ John M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Adapted. Accessed 20 December 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Coverage by Parish,' Cornwall Online Parish Clerks, accessed 2 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Baptisms', Find My Past, accessed 22 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Marriages', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Burials', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 18 November 2013.
- ↑ 'England, Cornwall and Devon Parish Registers, 1538-2010', FamilySearch, accessed 25 November 2013.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Cornwall, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 21 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records,' TheGenealogist, accessed 22 May 2014.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki