Archdiocese of Tarragona Online Parish RecordsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The Archdiocese of Tarragona is currently digitizing their parish registers. These images are available online and can be very useful to those whose ancestors who lived in this region in Spain. The site address is http://www.ahat.cat/Principal/Inici.
Register for a free account
In order to use the site you will need to register for a free account. Begin at the home page by clicking on the words Arxiu en linia. Near the top of the page you will see three small flag icons, these represent the languages of the site. To switch the page to English click on the British flag the Union Jack.
To complete the registration form, fill out all the fields, and then decide if you want to be on their mailing list. You can opt out by unchecking the small box next to the words Mailing list. The mailing list includes announcements of new records as they become available, and news and other events of interest at the archive. Enter the information from the captcha image and click Ok to complete your registration.
You will receive an email message confirming your registration once you have submitted the form. This message will likely come in Catalan, the official language of Tarragona. Use [Translate] or any translation program to translate the email into English.
Once you have registered, you can return to the site to begin viewing documents. To view the parish records of baptisms, marriages, and deaths follow these steps:
- Click on the wordsFons documentals or if you’re viewing the site in English, click on the words Batch of documents.
- Enter with your user name and password which you just created. You will enter this information in the boxes just below the words Online archive or Arxiu en linia, then click on Connect or Connecta.
- Next click on the word Parroquials. This will expand the list of parishes within the archdiocese.
- next to the name of the parish.
- Next click on the word Saqramentals to expand the list of sacramental records such as baptisms, marriages, and deaths.
- Click on desired the record type. Baptismes = baptisms; Matrimonis = marriages; Obits = Deaths
- Click on the word Registres = registers.
- Click on the title of the book you wish to view. A new small window will open giving you more information about the contents of the book and its reference information.
- Click on the open book icon to begin viewing the images.
- To view an image enlarged, click on the thumbnail of the image desired.
- Use the small arrow on the right side of the image to advance in the image set. Use the small arrow on the left side of the image to go backwards.
- You are currently not allowed to print from the site.
Note: If the parish you wish to view does not have an open book icon, the records have not been digitized.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page