Aston sub Edge, GloucestershireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Aston sub Edge, Gloucestershire parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FMP = FindMyPast.co.uk (£)|
|FREG = FreeReg.org.uk|
|GOOG = Google Books - free|
|IARC= Internet Archive - free|
|JOIN = Joiner's Marriage Index - (£)|
|PALL = Pallot's Marriage Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|ASTON SUB EDGE PARISH (1539) Online Records|
|GOOG||1566-1718 (gaps)||1566-1718 (gaps)||1566-1718 (gaps)|
|IARC||1539-1800s (gaps)||1539-1800s (gaps)||1539-1800s (gaps)|
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, non conformists and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 288772.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Gloucestershire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10337. Date accessed: 17 July 2013.
- ↑ 'Boyd's Marriage Index - Parish details by county,' Origins.net, accessed 1 December 2012.
- ↑ T.P., Collections for Gloucestershire (1861). Digitised by Google Books - free.
- ↑ 'Descripton of an Ancient Register of the Parish of Aston-sub-Edge, co. Gloucester; with Extracts,' Collectanea Topographica et Genealogica, Vol. 7 (1841):279-285. Digitised by Internet Archive - free.
- ↑ 'Gloucestershire Coverage,' Joiner's Marriage Index, accessed 29 January 2014.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
Contributor: Add any additional relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More