Avery's TraceEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Avery's Trace, also called the Nashville Road, was authorized in 1787 to connect Knoxville to Nashville, Tennessee.
In 1787 the North Carolina legislature considered Tennessee part of its territory and authorized the blazing of a settlers' trail by Peter Avery, along with 300 soldiers to protect that road. The trail connected East Tennessee (Knoxville) with Middle Tennessee (French Lick, or Nashville).
- Fort Southwest Point, Kingston, Roane, Tennessee (South end of Clinch Mountain)
- Fort Blount, Jackson, Tennessee
- Bledsoe’s Fort, Castalian Springs, Sumner, Tennessee
- Mansker’s Fort, Goodlettsville, Davidson, Tennessee
- Fort Nashborough, Nashville, Davidson, Tennessee
Settlers and Records
For partial list of settlers who used the Avery's Trace, see .
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News