Bath County, North CarolinaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Records. A few records exist for Bath County. They are scattered in the courthouses of some of its early precincts, and at the North Carolina State Archives. Some of Bath County's earliest deeds from 1700 are included in Beaufort County Deed Book One (1701-1729) (FHL Film 416403). Several earlier Bath County documents from before 1700 can be found in the records of Albemarle County and its precincts. Few of the earliest records of Craven and Hyde Counties have been preserved. Bath County's principal seat of government seems to have been the town of Bath (founded 1705) in Beaufort Precinct. Beaufort and Hyde Precincts held joint sessions of court, apparently in Beaufort.
- "Eighteen Bath County wills (1702-1718), mostly for Beaufort and Hyde Precincts, were recorded in Beaufort Precinct and may be found in Beaufort County Deed Book One and are not on record in the will books in the Beaufort County Clerk's Office. Also, ten of the eighteen do not appear in Grimes' "Abstracts of North Carolina Wills 1663-1760" probably because the originals of the ten were never sent to the Secretary of State as required by law. In fact, over sixty more Beaufort County wills, dated 1720 to 1760, were retained in the courthouse and later copied into the Old Will Book and thus do not appear in Grimes' volume."
- Historic Bath County, NCGenWeb- contains many genealogy records including deeds, wills, immigration records, surnames, lookups, etc.
- Historic Bath County NC, a source for genealogy information, history, and collaboration, queries, surnames, wills, deeds, Bibles, biographies, obituaries, and pensions.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "Bath County, North Carolina" in Counties of North Carolina at http://www.carolana.com/NC/Counties/bath_county_nc.html (accessed 3 January 2011).
- ↑ "North Carolina Time Line" in Kindred Roots Genealogical Society at http://www.kindredroots.com/NC/nc_counties.htm (accessed 3 January 2011).
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki