Beaufort County, South Carolina Compiled GenealogiesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- See also the main article on genealogical research in Beaufort County, South Carolina.
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
Surname indexes to Leonardo Andrea's Files | Folders | Resources are available online, courtesy: The Andrea Files: South Carolina Genealogical Research. Learn more.
- Beaufort County, SC Family History and Genealogy Message Board (Ancestry)
- Beaufort County, SC Genealogy Forum (GenForum)
- [Albergotti] Albergotti, William Greer. The Chronicles of the Albergotti Family in the Colony of South Carolina, 1732-1776, the State of South Carolina, 1776-1978. Anderson, S.C.: W.G. Albergotti, 1979. FHL Collection 929.273 AL14aw
- [Bedon] Bedon Family. No publication information. FHL Collection 929.273 B391bed
- [Black] D.A.R. Charlevoix Chapter (Blytheville, Arkansas). Black: Transcript of Bible Records, 1798-1962. FHL Collection 929.273 B561bLa
- [Box] Koonce, Herbert F. Paternal Genealogy of the Box Family. [Ala.?]: H.F. Koonce, 1971. FHL Collection 1027881 Item 2
- [Bradley] Drake, Charles E.F. "Benoni Bradley of Beaufort: A Connecticut Yankee in the Low Country," The South Carolina Magazine of Ancestral Reseach, Vol. 33, No. 3 (Summer 2005):127-132. FHL Book 975.7 B2sc v. 33
- [Breler] Slaymaker, Susan Clark. The Ancestry of Susan Clark Slaymaker Anderson, Aultman, Beattle, Bellote, Blount, Breland, Bryant, Calcoat, Carruth, Clark, Cowan, Credille, Crenshaw, Durant, Earnest, Eldridge, Floyd, Franklin, Johnson, Kelly, Kirland, Kittrell, McKee, Morris, Odom, Osborne, Ousley, Perry, Pipkin, Powell, Rowland, Savell, Slocumb, Steen, Thompson, Waller, Willis/Willix, Wilson. Gold River, Calif.: S.C. Slaymaker, 1988. FHL Collection 929.273 A1 no. 2312
- [Breler] Slaymaker, Susan Clark. Southern Born and Southern Bred Family Group Sheets of the Anderson Altman/Aultman, Beatty, Bellote, Blout, Breland/Brealer, Bryant, Carruth, Clark, Cocke, Earnest, Floyd, Franklin, Gulley/Gully, Harris, Hart, Hinnant, Hodges, Hooks, Houston, Johnson, Kirkland, Kittrell, Odom, Osborne, Ousley/Owsley, Perry, Sanders/Saunders, Savell, Slocumb, Steen, Tully, Waller, West, Willis/Willix, Wilson : ancestors of Susan Clark Slaymaker. Gold River, Calif.: S.C. Slaymaker, 1990. FHL Collection 6334341; 1991 Supplement: FHL Collection 6334444
- [Cole] Long, Mary Cole Farrow. Stranger in a Strange Land, from Beaufort, South Carolina, to Galveston Island, Republic of Texas, a Biography of Judge James Pope Cole (1814- 1886). Belton, Texas: Bear Hollow Publishers, 1986. FHL 921.73 C675L
- [DeLoach] DeLoach, Harry R. DeLoach Families, 1630-1980 William, William I, William II, Hardy: Descendants of Hardy DeLoach, First DeLoach Settler in Georgia. Claxton, Ga.: H.R. DeLoach, 1981. FHL Collection 929.273 D382d
- [Dixon] Mann, Jean Anne Dixon. Dixon: A Pioneer Family in Florida. Fernandina Beach, Fla.: J.D. Mann, 1992. FHL Collection 929.273 D643m
- [Donehue] Andrea, Leonardo. Donehue. Typescript, 1949. FHL Collection 1033991 Item 33
- [Durling] Durling, Fred Albert. Durling - Rohrmoser Pedigrees, 1628-1972. Typescript. Microfilmed 1983. FHL Collection 6018729; Spanish version: FHL Collection 929.27287 D935d
- [Durling] Durling, Fred Albert. Genealogy and History of the Durling Family in the United States and Panama. Typescript. 1983-1988. FHL Collection 1033938 Item 30; revised edition: 1320635 Item 37, revised edition (1988): 1320836 Item 7
- [Heyward] Leach, Frank Willing. "Thomas Heyward, Jr., 1745-1809," Genealogy of the Signers of the Declaration of Independence, Vol. 20 (year):6047-6185. FHL Collection 1756
- [Hogg] Howard, John Webb. Record of the Hogg and Howard Families of St. Luke's Parish, Beaufort District, South Carolina. MSS., South Carolina Historical Society, Charleston, S.C. FHL 22795 Item 5
- [Howard] Howard, John Webb. Record of the Hogg and Howard Families of St. Luke's Parish, Beaufort District, South Carolina. MSS., South Carolina Historical Society, Charleston, S.C. FHL 22795 Item 5
- [Jenkins] Webber, Mabel L. "Descendants of John Jenkins, of St. John's Colleton," The South Carolina Historical and Genealogical Magazine, Vol. 20, No. 4 (Oct., 1919), pp. 223-251. Digital version at JSTOR ($).
- [Lamar] Lamar, William Harmong, "Thomas Lamar of the Province of Maryland, and a Part of His Descendants," Publications of the Southern History Association, Vol. 1, No. 3 (Jul. 1897):203-210. Digitized by Internet Archive.
- [Lendegreen] "Sweat Family Bible Records, 1806-1865." FHL Collection 376973 Item 11
- [Lendegreen] "Sweat Family Bible Records, 1764-1871." FHL Collection 203240 Item 3
- [Norton] "Norton Family Bible Records, ca. 1783-1881." FHL Collection 203240 Item 3
- [Redding] Dewees, Mary Adelaide Redding. Record of the Descendants of George Redding and Elizabeth Holdcombe Redding. Oak Hill, Fla.: M.A.R. Dewees, 1984. FHL Collection 929.273 R248d
- [Robert] Stafford, George Mason Graham. Three Pioneer Rapides Families: A Genealogy. New Orleans, La.: Pelican Pub. Co., 1946. FHL Collection 929.273 R541sg
- [Smalls] Billingsley, Andrew. Yearning to Breathe Free: Robert Smalls of South Carolina and His Families. Columbia, S.C.: University of South Carolina Press, 2007. FHL Collection 921.73 Sm18b
- [Smart] Davis, Johnna Josey. From Coosawhatchie to Liberty: The Descendants of Reverend James Smart and Levi Long. Knoxville, Tenn.: Tennessee Valley Pub., 1995. FHL Collection 929.273 Sm27d
- [Stoney] Stoney, William Shannon. Genealogy of the Stoney Family. n.p.: W.S. Stoney, 1932. FHL Collection 929490
- [Tanner] Stafford, George Mason Graham. Three Pioneer Rapides Families: A Genealogy. New Orleans, La.: Pelican Pub. Co., 1946. FHL Collection 929.273 R541sg
- [Tattnall] Smith, D.E. Huger. "An Account of the Tattnall and Fenwick Families of South Carolina," South Carolina Historical and Genealogical Magazine, Vol. 14, No. 1 (1913). FHL Collection 1465567 Item 2
- [Thomson] "A Thomson Genealogy," The South Carolina Magazine of Ancestral Research, Vol. 28, No. 3 (Summer 2000):123-136; Vol. 28, No. 4 (Fall 2000):186-191; Vol. 29, No. 1 (Winter 2001):25-38. FHL Book 975.7 B2sc v. 28-29
- [Tillman] Lowther, Luella. Tillman. Visalia, Calif.: L. Lowther, 1991. FHL Collection 929.273 T466LL; digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- [Tuten] Holland, Mary Ketus Dean and Allen Vernon Tuten. The Tutten Family. 3 vols. 1980. FHL Collection 1035971 Item 4
- [Ulmer] Ulmer, Lawrence H. and Marsha Lee Ulmer. Our Ulmer Heritage. Hemingway, S.C.: Three Rivers, . FHL Collection 929.273 UL5u
- [Warnell] Hargrett, Felix. The Warnell Family of Liberty County, Georgia a Sketch: With Notices of the Allied Families, Smart and Stubbs. Athens, Ga.: F. Hargrett, 1984. FHL Collection 929.273 A1 no. 4431
- [Wigg] Elvey, Gerald. The Wigg Family. Chichester, England: Phillimore, 1989. FHL Collection 929.273 W638wi
- [Wilder] Wilder Family: Notable Careers of Captain E.B. Wilder and and William H. Wilder. Typescript. Microfilmed 2001. FHL Collection 1425343 Item 37
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More