Bintree, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Mitford and Launditch PLU|
|Parish registers: 1558|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1600|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Bintree St Swithin is an Ancient parish in the Sparham deanery of the diocese of Norwich.
BINTREE (St. Swithin), a parish, in the union of Mitford and Launditch, hundred of Eynsford, E. division of Norfolk, 2 miles (S. E. by S.) from Guist. It is also known as Bingtry.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Mitford 1837-1938
- East Dereham 1939-1974
Bintree, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BINTREE PARISH (1686) Online Records|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 276/ 66-67
FS "England, Norfolk, Parish Register" -> Bintree -> Baptisms, Marriages, Burials, 1686-1805. This online image collection as 33 images. See image 3 for scope.
Img 3 Chr 1686
Img 10 Bapt 1722-1730
Img 12 Bapt 1742-1748
Img 13 Bapt 1749, 1750, 1751, 1752, 1753, 1754, 1755, 1756
Img 14 Bapt 1756-1758 Marr late 1600s, 1700
Img 15 & 16 Mar 1702, 1704, 1705, 1706, 1725, 1726, 1727, 1728, 1729, 1730
Img 17 & 18 Marr 1730s 1740s
Img 19 Marr 1713+
Img 21 Burials 1686-1691
Img 22 1695?-1701
Img 23 1702-1706
Img 25 1715-1724
Img 26 & 27 1724- 1730
Img 28 1730-1741
Img 29 1741-1755
Img 30 1757, 1758, 1759
Img 33: 1721 marr
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438855.
Poor Law Unions
Records of the Mitford and Launditch Poor Law Union1776-1948
Norfolk Record Office C/GP 14
Extent 137 pieces
The following parishes comprised the 1836 union: Bawdeswell, Beeston, Beetley, Billingford, East Bilney, Bintry, Brisley, Bylaugh, Colkirk, Cranworth, East Dereham, Great Dunham, Little Dunham, North Elmham, Elsing, Foxley, Great Fransham, Little Fransham, Garvestone, Gately, Gressenhall, Guist, Hardingham, Hockering, Hoe, Horningtoft, Kempstone, Letton, East Lexham, West Lexham, Litcham, Longham, Lyng, Mattishall, Mattishall Burgh, Mileham, Oxwick with Pattesley, Reymerstone, Rougham, Scarning, Shipdham, Southburgh, Sparham, Stanfield, Swanton Morley, Thuxton, Tittleshall, East Tuddenham, North Tuddenham, Twyford, Weasenham All Saints, Weasenham St Peter, Wellingham, Wendling, Westfield, Whinburgh, Whissonsett, Wood Rising, Worthing, Yaxham.
All fifty parishes of Mitford and Launditch Hundreds were incorporated in 1775 under the terms of An act for the better relief and employment of the poor within the hundreds of Mitford and Launditch, 15 Geo. III, cap. 59. In 1801 the parish of East Dereham separated from the Incorporation, but in 1836 all fifty original parishes plus ten from Eynesford Hundred joined together in a new union. The House of Industry belonging to the old incorporation, built at Gressenhall in 1776-1777, was repaired and altered in 1836 to become the new Union Workhouse. Mitford and Launditch Union Board of Guardians was replaced by Guardians Committee No. 10 in 1930.
Acquisition Received by the Norfolk Record Office on unknown dates, 6 June 1979 (numbered C/GP 14/1a (part)), 3 February 1984 (numbered C/GP 14/136), 21 July 1989 (numbered C/GP 14/137), 18 May 1976 (numbered C/GP 14/47-49, 82, 101, 104 110-113), 18 March 1976 (numbered C/GP 14/105), and 15 August 1978 (numbered C/GP 14/135).
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Bintry on GenUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 248-255. Date accessed: 2 September 22013.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 24 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 24 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- ↑ 'National Burial Index - Norfolk Coverage,' FindMyPast (WayBack Machine), accessed 16 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 7 October 2013.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 11 April 2014.
http://www.achurchnearyou.com/bintree-st-swithin/ for information about the parish
http://www.norwich.anglican.org/church?deanery=23 Sparham deanery
http://www.britishlistedbuildings.co.uk/en-220661-church-of-st-swithin-bintree British Listed buildings
http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=50801 British History online
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki