Bruton Parish, VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 20:12, 28 February 2011 by Murphynw
- by 1674
- "Church Patronage in Virginia. Argument for Bruton Parish the Plaintiff," The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Vol. 22, No. 4 (Oct., 1914), pp. 401-409. FHL Book 975.5 B2v; digital version at JSTOR ($).
- Goodwin, William Archer Rutherford. The Record of Bruton Parish Church. Richmond, Va.: The Dietz Press, 1941.
For a history of a well-known plantation in the parish, see:
- Campbell, Helen J. "Porto Bello: Bruton Parish, York County, Virginia," The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Vol. 69, No. 4 (Oct., 1961), pp. 460-468. FHL Book 975.5 B2v; digital version at JSTOR ($).
- Chappelear, Nancy. Bruton and Middleton Parishes, James City County, Virginia, Parish Register, 1662-1797. Washington, D.C.: Chappelear & Baird, 1966. Available at FHL.
- Bruton Parish Episcopal Church (official site)
- ↑ Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News