Bruton Parish, VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 20:16, 28 February 2011 by Murphynw
- by 1674
- "Church Patronage in Virginia. Argument for Bruton Parish the Plaintiff," The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Vol. 22, No. 4 (Oct., 1914), pp. 401-409. FHL Book 975.5 B2v; digital version at JSTOR ($).
- Goodwin, William A.R. Bruton Parish Church Restored and Its Historic Environment. 1907.
- Goodwin, William Archer Rutherford. The Record of Bruton Parish Church. Richmond, Va.: The Dietz Press, 1941.
For a history of a well-known plantation in the parish, see:
- Campbell, Helen J. "Porto Bello: Bruton Parish, York County, Virginia," The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Vol. 69, No. 4 (Oct., 1961), pp. 460-468. FHL Book 975.5 B2v; digital version at JSTOR ($).
- Chappelear, Nancy. Bruton and Middleton Parishes, James City County, Virginia, Parish Register, 1662-1797. Washington, D.C.: Chappelear & Baird, 1966. Available at FHL.
- Bruton Parish Episcopal Church (official site)
- ↑ Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki