Caroline County, MarylandEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 19:21, 21 October 2008 by Standingve
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
Office of the Commissioners of Caroline County
109 Market Street
Denton, Maryland 21629
- Named for Lady Caroline Eden, wife of Maryland's last appointed royal colonial governor, Robert Eden, 1st Baronet of Maryland before he was usurped by the Annapolis Convention in 1776.
- Pig Point was the county seat. The name has since been renamed Denton.
- 1773--Caroline County was created 15 June 1773 from Dorchester and Queen Anne's Counties. County seat: Denton 
Societies and Libraries
- The Caroline County MDGenWeb Project, a member of The MDGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Caroline County.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Caroline County. (Backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Caroline County.
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found