From FamilySearch Wiki
United States > Maryland > Caroline County
Office of the Commissioners of Caroline County
109 Market Street
Denton, Maryland 21629
- Named for Lady Caroline Eden, wife of Maryland's last appointed royal colonial governor, Robert Eden, 1st Baronet of Maryland before he was usurped by the Annapolis Convention in 1776.
- Pig Point was the county seat. The name has since been renamed Denton.
- American Corner
- Baltimore Corner
- Gilpin Point
- Oil City
- Tuckahoe Neck
- Two Johns
Dorchester | Queen Anne's | Talbot | Delaware counties: Kent | Sussex
Federal Census reports available 1790-1930 including slave and veterans schedules.
- [Genn] Hillman, Ralph E. "James Genn of Northumberland County, Virginia, and Some of His Descendants," The American Genealogist, Vol. 72, No. 1 (Jan. 1997):32-38; Vol. 72, No. 2 (Apr. 1997):101-108.
- [Wright] Wright, Charles W. The Wright Ancestry of Caroline, Dorchester, Somerset and Wicomico Counties Maryland. Baltimore: Baltimore City Printing and Binding Co., 1907. Available at FHL; digital versions at BYU Family History Archives and Google Books (full-view).
Societies and Libraries
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 181. [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].