Cass County, MissouriEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Cass County Missouri genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Cass County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||March 3, 1835|
|Address|| Cass County Courthouse|
102 E Wall Street
Harrisonville, Mo 64701
Cass County Website
County Clerk has birth records 1861-1896
and court records from 1843; Recorder of Deeds
has marriage, divorce and land records;
Associate Division has probate records
See an interactive map of Cass County boundary changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all Missouri Counties.
For tips on accessing Cass County, Missouri census records online, see: Missouri Census.
A History and directory of Cass County, Missouri containing a history of the county, its towns, commercial interests, etc. by A.L. Weber (1908) is available online free from Google Books.
- Family Maps of Cass County, Missouri (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
- Map of Cass County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Cass County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- 1835-1882 - Cass County Marriage Books A thru E Index 1835-1882. Batch M514751 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1881-1885 - Cass County Marriage Books 1 and 2 Index 1881-1885. Batch M514752 at FamilySearch - free.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Cass County, Missouri. Page 398 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/5/5a/Igimissouria.pdf.
|This Missouri-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page