Charles Parish, Virginia

From FamilySearch Wiki

(Difference between revisions)
(boundary)
(1907 history)
Line 17: Line 17:
 
=== Resources  ===
 
=== Resources  ===
  
==== Parish History ====
+
==== Parish History ====
 +
 
 +
Mary D. Micou's history of The Colonial Churches of York County, Virginia (1907) has been digitized by [http://books.google.com/books?id=TSISAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA240&lpg=PA240 Google Books].<ref>''Colonial Churches: A Series of Sketches of Churches in the Original Colony of Virginia'' (Richmond, Va.: Southern Churchman Co., 1907), 240-246.</ref>
  
 
==== Parish Records  ====
 
==== Parish Records  ====

Revision as of 23:31, 5 July 2011

United States  Gotoarrow.png  Virginia  Gotoarrow.png  Charles Parish
Charleschurch.jpg

Contents

History

Charles Parish has served York County, Virginia. Formerly known as New Poquoson Parish.[1]

Founded

Boundary

The boundaries of Charles Parish, as described in the act creating the parish, are listed in:

  • "Charles Parish, in York County," The William and Mary Quarterly, Vol. 20, No. 2 (Oct. 1911):142. FHL Book 973 H25w; digital version at JSTOR ($).

Resources

Parish History

Mary D. Micou's history of The Colonial Churches of York County, Virginia (1907) has been digitized by Google Books.[3]

Parish Records

Parish Registers
  • Bell, Landon C. Charles Parish, York County, Virginia.History and Registers. Richmond, Va.: The Virginia State Library Board. Includes brief history, list of ministers, parish register births (1648-1789) and deaths (1665-1787).
  • Kinard, June. Charles Parish Records, York County, Virginia, 1648-1789 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 1998. Available at Ancestry ($).

Websites

References

  1. Charles Church, The Historical Marker Database.
  2. Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
  3. Colonial Churches: A Series of Sketches of Churches in the Original Colony of Virginia (Richmond, Va.: Southern Churchman Co., 1907), 240-246.