Clay County, MissouriEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Clay County Missouri genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Clay County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||January 22, 1822|
|Address|| Clay County Courthouse|
1 Courthouse Square
Liberty, MO 64086
Clay County Website
Clay County Courthouse
Recorder Deeds has marriage and land records;
Clerk Circuit Court has divorce and court records
from 1822; Probate Court has probate records
See an interactive map of Clay County boundary changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all Missouri Counties.
Roberts Cemetery, Gallatin BillionGraves
For tips on accessing Clay County, Missouri census records online, see: Missouri Census.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Missouri City
- Map of Clay County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all 114 Missouri counties including Clay County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
Early migration routes to and from Clay County, Missouri for European settlers included:
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War Battle was fought in Clay County
Map showing Civil War battles in Missouri
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Liberty Tribune, 1860-1869 and Liberty Weekly Tribune, 1846-1860 Searchable online at the State Historical Society of Missouri’s Digital Collections, Index to Selected Missouri Newspapers.
Smithville Historical Society
Smithville is located in both Clay and Platte counties. There are a number of resources available on their website.
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Clay County, Missouri. Page 399 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ "Henry Clay," Wikipedia.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in Oregon National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/oreg/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- ↑ National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in California National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/cali/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- ↑ Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 15 August 2012)
|This Missouri-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki