Cole County, MissouriEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Cole County Missouri genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Cole County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||November 16, 1820|
|County Seat||Jefferson City|
|Address|| Cole County Courthouse|
01 E High Street
Jefferson City, MO 65101
Cole County Website
Clerk Circuit Court has divorce and court records from 1821;
Probate Judge has probate records from 1821; Recorder Deeds
has marriage and land records from 1821
See an interactive map of Cole County boundary changes at N2Genealogy.
Jefferson City, MO Cole County Courthouse Fire
Jefferson City, Mo., March 14. -- The Cole County courthouse was destroyed by fire this afternoon. The records which were in fireproof vaults were not damaged. The building was insured for $70,000. The cost of replacing the structure, it was stated today would be $100,000, though the original cost was $59,000.
Dallas Morning News, Dallas, TX 15 Mar 1918
To see a list of places in Cole County, click on [Show], in the bar above.
- The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs has burial records for Jefferson City National Cemetery and other Veterans Affairs National Cemeteries around the country.
For tips on accessing Cole County, Missouri census records online, see: Missouri Census.
Maps of townships (Histopolis)
The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Cole County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
Newspaperarchive.com ($) has historical newspapers available on-line. Their database has Jefferson City newspapers from the early 1900's that covered local news on Cole County residents as well as residents from surrounding counties.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Cole County Historical Society
109 Madison Street
Jefferson City, MO 65101
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Cole County, Missouri. Page 399 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Missouri-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki