Community Wiki Support Meeting 25 April 2013Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 3232; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 '9:30' am. Mountain time on Thursdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
|Charles||International Wiki's, working with Russian and German, especially.|
|Dennis||Taught Wiki User classes at Ft. Union FHL and the Davis County UGA Fair. Working on presentation for Wiki User Class to update with FS changes. Introduced a German couple to Charles to get involved with the International pages.|
|Howard||Learning, needs some mentoring help, has been studying the workings of the wiki|
|Janell||did a lot of griping about the new site and it paid off. She explained how the wiki will have more visibility in the near future|
|LaVera||Categories, Showthreads project (moving old forum threads to a google doc so they can be preserved, Welcoming committee|
|Lee||templates - research on those especially for international wiki's|
|Lynda||Moderator form and pages, Recent changes, Volunteers, Liasion committee|
|Rorie||Taking care of baby's|
|Sandra||Categories, Template categories, Worked with Sister Sally Collier|
- Understanding Metadata
Updates and follow up
- Maintenance Report - Sandra
- Review of Individual Assignments
- Evaluation of goals set from previous meetings:
- Blogs to follow, etc. - Lee
- Windows update Tues. night (security)
- Java7 update if you are using it for something other than AmDocs
Improve the Wiki
- Kent Workhouse pages: from Nathan, Hi Lynda. It sounds like these folks have valid complaints. The problems look unresolvable until we have adequate coverage tables.
- While patrolling, watch for Wales pages that might have gazeteer information that's been copied and pasted.
- Liasion committee -
- Moderator pages and form
Priority items for this meeting:
- Goal for this item:
- Steps to achieve this goal:
- Assignments and dates of completion:
- Evaluation date:
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News