Connecticut GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|News and Events|
| - Connecticut Society of Genealogists' Events|
- Webinar: Researching Your CT Ancestors 
Welcome to the Connecticut page,
the Nutmeg State
- The Barbour Collection is a statewide birth, marriage, death index
- CT wills are filed by probate districts
- State probate index on microfilm
- CT land records were kept by town clerks and are found at the town halls
Extinct or Lost Areas: Dominion of New England · Long Island · Massachusetts Bay Colony · New Netherland · Western Reserve · Westmoreland
Connecticut State Library · Connecticut Historical Society · Godfrey Memorial Library · J. Eugene Smith Library · Homer D. Babbidge Library · Mystic Seaport Museum · Yale University Library · New England Historic Genealogical Society · New York Public Library · National Archives Northeast Region (Boston)
Atlantic Coast Ports · Long Island Sound · Connecticut River Valley · Farmington River Valley · Housatonic Valley · Connecticut Turnpike · Greenwood Road · King's Highway (or Boston Post Road) · New Haven and Milford Turnpike · New London and Lyme Turnpike · Old Connecticut Path · Philipstown Turnpike
Featured ContentThe Connecticut State Papers is a 40 volume set of resources with information for Connecticut researchers. It includes information about the founding of towns, early families, Revolutionary War service rolls, probate record abstracts (1635-1771), court records (1640-1692), and a multitude of other information valuable to the genealogist. To begin your search in this valuable resource click here.
- Connecticut County Creation Dates and Parent Counties
- The Connecticut GenWeb Project provides county information about formation date, parent county, county seat, bibliography, cemeteries, census, churches, towns, history, look ups, obituaries, queries, repositories, surname registry, and many Internet links.
- Colonial Connecticut Records 1636-1776 has full text searchable digital images.
- The New England Historic Genealogical Society has many important Connecticut manuscript collections.
- Connecticut Genealogy offers databases, transcribed records, and a social network for Connecticut researchers.
- Looking 4 Kin Genealogy & Family History Network - Connecticut
Wiki articles describing these collections are found at:
- Connecticut Births and Christenings (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Connecitcut Deaths and Burials (FamilySearch Historical Records
- Connecticut Death Index (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Connecticut Divorce Index (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Connecticut Marriages (FamilySearch Historical Records
- Connecticut, Marriage Index (FamilySearch Historical Records)
A "must read" concerning the addition of vital records: Connecticut Vital Records General Statutes
Help with the Connecticut Wiki pages
In order to make this wiki a better research tool, we need your help! Many tasks need willing volunteers. You can help:
- Expand county articles
- Check links on pages
- ...and more
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News