Craig County, Virginia GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Has anyone studied my Craig County, Virginia Genealogy before?
More than a few family history books and articles have been published about Craig County's families.
- Main article: Craig County, Virginia
Craig County, Virginia Genealogy Message Boards
- Craig County, VA Genealogy Forum, courtesy: GenForum. (0+ messages)
- Craig - Family History & Genealogy Message Board, courtesy: Ancestry. (0+ messages)
Craig County, Virginia Genealogy General Resources
Craig County, Virginia Surnames (courtesy: Linkpendium) contains links to more than a dozen online resources about this county's families, including compiled genealogies.
Compiled genealogies that treat multiple Craig County families include:
- Groseclose, Wanda W. In the Shadows of Our Ancestors, Descendants of Thomas Abbott and Twenty-six Connected Pioneer Families of Craig County, Virginia: including Brickey, Britts, Brizendine, Caldwell, Carper, Craft, Crawford, Crowder, Damewood, Duncan, Elmore, Fisher, Francisco, Greenway, Huffman, Hutchison, Jones, Lafon, Lee, Leffel, Looney, Lucas, Lugar, Paitsel, Reynolds and Sarver. 2 vols. Provo, Utah: Brigham Young University Press, 2004. FHL Collection 929.273 Ab29g v. 1
- Keeney, Roscoe C. Census, Craig Co., Virginia, 1860 Annotated. Charleston, W. Va.: R.C. Keeney, 199-?. FHL Collection 975.5795 X2k 1860
Craig County, Virginia Genealogy Books and Articles
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Duncan] Dobson, Mary Ann Duncan. Duncan Research Files of Mary Ann (Duncan) Dobson. MSS. 1975-1999. FHL Film 795592 Item 6 Includes Craig County Duncan families (listed with Giles County Duncan families).
- [Givens] "Family of Floyd Givens," Family File, 1919, Augusta County Historical Society.
- [Spessard] Rhodes, Phillip Wayne. "Descendants of Thomas Love of Lynchburg and Amherst County, Virginia," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 35, No. 2 (Apr.-Jun. 1991):83-91; Vol. 35, No. 3 (Jul.-Sep. 1991):190-198; Vol. 35, No. 4 (Oct.-Dec. 1991):269-283; Vol. 36, No. 1 (Jan.-Mar. 1992):16-27; Vol. 36, No. 2 (Apr.-Jun. 1992):89-102; Vol. 36, No. 3 (Jul.-Sep. 1992):194-206. Digital version at American Ancestors ($). FHL Book 975.5 B2vg v. 35 (1991)-v. 36 (1992).
- [Williams] Williams, Herman Joseph. The George Philip Williams of Craig County, Virginia and Aylett Weaver of Monroe County, West Virginia Genealogical Compilation. Portsmouth, Ohio: H.J. Williams, 1981. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online - free; FHL Book 929.273 W672wh
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More