Davidson's-Chamberlayne's BatteryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 17:07, 29 November 2010 by Claudiaj64
- Assembled in April, 1862
- It was attached to the 13th Battalion Virginia Artillery, but served as an independent command.
- During the war it was assigned to J. F. King's, J. H. Gibbes', and W. W. Owen's Battalion of Artillery.
- After serving in Western Virginia it moved to Tennessee, fought in the Knoxville Campaign, then returned to Virginia.
- Here it participated in the defense of Petersburg and Richmond, and disbanded early in 1865.
- Captains John H. Chamberlayne and George S. Davidson.
men from Southwestern Virginia, Tennessee, and Kentucky.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki