Davidson's-Chamberlayne's BatteryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 17:07, 29 November 2010 by Claudiaj64
- Assembled in April, 1862
- It was attached to the 13th Battalion Virginia Artillery, but served as an independent command.
- During the war it was assigned to J. F. King's, J. H. Gibbes', and W. W. Owen's Battalion of Artillery.
- After serving in Western Virginia it moved to Tennessee, fought in the Knoxville Campaign, then returned to Virginia.
- Here it participated in the defense of Petersburg and Richmond, and disbanded early in 1865.
- Captains John H. Chamberlayne and George S. Davidson.
men from Southwestern Virginia, Tennessee, and Kentucky.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page