DeKalb County, MissouriEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to DeKalb County Missouri genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|DeKalb County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||February 25, 1845|
|Address|| DeKalb County Courthouse|
109 W Main Street
P O Box 248
Maysville, MO 64469-0248
DeKalb County Website
County Recorder has marriage and divorce records;
County Clerk has birth records 1880-1902; probate
Judge has probate records
See an interactive map of DeKalb County border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
For tips on accessing DeKalb County, Missouri census records online, see: Missouri Census.
- Interactive map of DeKalb County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including DeKalb County.
- 1805-1866 - DeKalb County Birth Index, Volumes B and C, 1805-1866. Batch C514871 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1845-1881 - DeKalb County Marriage Books B and C Index 1845-1881. Batch M514871 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1881-1885 - DeKalb County Marriage Book E Index 1881-1885. Batch M514872 at FamilySearch - free.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- DeKalb county Missouri USGenWeb project. 2009: site is beginning to add marriages, cemetery records, other historical resources.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), DeKalb County, Missouri. Page 399 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ "Johann de Kalb," Wikipedia.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/5/5a/Igimissouria.pdf.
|This Missouri-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.