Elk County, KansasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Elk County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Elk County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||March 3, 1875|
|Address|| Elk County Courthouse|
127 N. Pine Street
Howard, Kansas 67349-0606
Elk County Courthouse;
127 N Pine Street
Howard, KS 67349
Courthouse burned in 1906.
Clerk Disrict has birth and death records 1885-1911,
marriage and probate records from 1875,
divorce and court records from 1906 and land records from 1871. 
- 1875--Elk County was created 3 March 1875 from Howard (Old) County. County seat: Howard 
For information about Civil War records see Chautauqua County.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Elk County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Elk County, Kansas page 250 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More