Elliott County, KentuckyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Elliott County Kentucky genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Elliott County, Kentucky|
Location in the state of Kentucky
Location of Kentucky in the U.S.
|Founded||January 26, 1869|
|County Seat||Sandy Hook|
Elliott County Kentucky Courthouse
100 Court and Main Street
PO Box 225
Sandy Hook, KY 41171-0225
Elliott County Kentucky History
There has been no changes in boundaries since Elliott County was formed.
1966--A disaster destroyed some records.
Elliott County Kentucky Places / Localities
|Ault||Devil Fork (hist.)||Green||Roscoe|
|Bell City||Egypt (hist.)||Isonville||Sideway|
Elliott County Kentucky Genealogy Resources
African American Research
The following have information concerning African American research. Both should be used:
- the KY African American Griots Project ~ The Kentucky African American Griots Project
- Sandi Gorin's Tips ~ Hangings in Kentucky 1792 - 1900
- African American Research (US) has more information about the kinds of records
- Kentucky Minorities has information specific to Kentucky African Americans.
- KY Biographies ~ Jeff Murphy's Kentucky Biographies Project
Kentucky cemetery records often identify birth, death, relationship, and military information, as well as religious affiliation.
- Elliott Co. KY USGenWeb Tombstone Project usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- The KY Historical Society’s Cemetery Database
- African American Cemeteries Online ~ Partial index/transcriptions of African American cemeteries
- Cemetery Junction ~ Links to cemetery transcriptions
- Naming the Forgotten ~ Naming the Forgotten - The Eastern State Hospital Project
- Kentucky Cemeteries lists the national cemeteries in Kentucky with links to their web sites. The first link under Online Kentucky Cemeteries goes to the Kentucky section of Interment.net
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness Local volunteers may take photographs of headstones found in county cemeteries.
- Find A Grave can be searched by the name of a person or family to find where a person is buried. Usually gives birth and death dates often with a picture of the tombstone. May give obituaries, names of family members and links to their information in Find A Grave.
- Find A Grave also gives a list of cemeteries in Elliott County and links to the information for the individuals buried there,
- The Family History Library Catalog lists some records of cemeteries in Elliott County. Some of the books or others may be on Google Books or available at public libraries.
- http://www.accessgenealogy.com/cemetery/kentucky/elliott_county_cemeteries.htm] Elliott County, Kentucky Cemetery Records at Access Genealogy]
- ePodunk list of Elliott County cemeteries gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to more information such as address, phone number, and web site.
- Elliott County Kentucky Cemeteries
For tips on accessing Elliott County, Kentucky census records online, see: Kentucky Census.
- 1890 Elliott County, Kentucky Special Census of Union War Veterans and their widows.
- Index to 1890 Elliott County, Kentucky Special Census of Union War Veterans and their widows.
- USGenWeb Census Project ~ Kentucky Census Transcriptions 1850 - 1930
- The USGenWeb Census Images ~ The USGenWeb Census Images Project
- Kentucky Census Transcriptions ~ The USGenWeb Census Project
- Census Online ~ Census Online
- Kentucky Christian Church Directory ~ ChurchAngel
- Catholic Parishes in the Diocese of Lexington
- Catholic Parishes in the Archdiocese of Louisville
- Abstracts of Early KY Court Cases Abstracts of Early Supreme Court Cases ~ KYGenWeb Special Project
- Kentucky Court of Justice Research & Reference
- Kentucky Court of Justice, Elliott County
- The KY Land Office
- Deeds, 1869-1941 & deed index, 1869-1970 are available for Elliott County at the Family History Library.
- ~ The Archives of Appalachia
- The History of Elliott County, Kentucky 1885 Family History Library US/CAN Book 976.9255 H2h v.1
- The History of Elliott County, Kentucky 1869-1999 vol. II, Family History Library US/CAN Book 976.9255 H2h v.2
- Military Resources ~ Revolutionary War through Civil War
- Korean War Memorial Korean War Memorial for Soliders from KY ~ KYGenWeb
- Fallen Soldiers in WWI from KY ~ Fallen Soldiers in WWI from Kentucky
- Elliott County, Kentucky World War II Casualties Army and Airforce at Access Genealogy
- http://www.archive.org/stream/listpensionerso02buregoog#page/n429/mode/1up List of Pensioners on the Roll January 1, 1883]
- Kentucky Postcards ~ The USGenWeb Archives Penny Postcard Project
- The KYGenWeb Footsteps ~ The Kentucky Footsteps Archives ~ KYGenWeb Special Project
- Kentucky News - Kentucky Newspaper Index with links
- Another Kentucky Newspaper Index with links
- Kentucky Newspapers on Microfilm - Kentucky Newspapers Available On Microfilm
- Elliott County News
Sandy Hook, KY 41171
- KY Footsteps Archives ~ KY Footsteps List Archives - thousands of obituaries here ~ KYGenWeb Project
- KY Obituary Sources ~ Kentucky Obituary Sources ~ Compiled by the KYGenWeb Project
- Links to research and locate obituaries
- Browning Genealogy Database ~ The Browning Genealogy Database - A Collection of Obituaries Compiled by Charles Browning.
- USGenWeb Archives Obituary Project ~ Kentucky Obituary Project
- Afrigeneas ~ African American death notices, obituaries and funeral programs compiled by users from current newspapers and historical sources
- Obituary Depot ~ Kentucky Newspaper Citations
- Obituary Daily Times ~ Citations to over 15,000,000 obituaries including interactive search function
- Nashville Advocate ~ Death Abstracts from the Nashville Christian Advocate
- 1874 - Elliott County Birth Index 1874. Batch C518111 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1875 - Elliott County Marriage Index 1875. Batch C518112 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1875 - Elliott County Marriage Index 1875. Batch M518113 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1876-1878 - Elliott County Marriage Index 1876-1878. Batch M518114 at FamilySearch - free.
- Elliott County Kentucky Vital Statistics: Marriages 1874-1878; 1909-1910.
- Elliott County, KY Marriages Surviving Marriage Books Bride Index 1934-1943
- Elliott County, KY Marriages Surviving Marriage Books Groom Index 1934-1943
- Elliott County Kentucky World War II Deaths Located at bottom of page.
- The Kentucky Vital Records Project Transcriptions of and Images of KY Death Certificates - A Work in Progress ~ The KY Vital Records Project
- KY Births & Christenings ~ Kentucky Births and Christenings, 1839-1960 Family Search
- KY Deaths & Burials ~ KY Deaths & Burials 1843 - 1970
- KY Marriage Records ~ KY Marriages 1783 - 1979 ~ Family Search
- Searchable KY Vital Records ~ Searchable databases of KY Births, Deaths & Marriages
- Kentucky Marriage Records 1973 - 2000 ~ Kentucky Marriage Records - 1973 - 2000
- KY Divorces 1973 - 1993 ~ Kentucky Divorce Records 1973 - 1993 ~ University of Kentucky Vital Records Databases
- The Social Security Death Index The Social Security Death Index - Searchable
Elliott County Kentucky Genealogy Societies and Libraries
- [Elliott County Historical Society]
- Links and addresses to Kentucky genealogical and historical societies
Family History Centers
Elliott County Kentucky Genealogy Websites
- Elliott County KYGenWeb
- Elliott County KY Archives
- KYGenWeb project. Has maps, name indexes, history or other information for each county. Select the county.
- State of Kencucky Website
- USGenWeb Kentucky Archives ~ Kentucky in the USGenWeb Archives ~ Vital statistics, maps, obituaries, Bible records, tombstone transcriptions and many other records.
- The USGenWeb project May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Elliott County Kentucky Government Site
- Family History Library Catalog
- Elliott County, Kentucky Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
Elliott County Kentucky Genealogy References
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Elliot County, Kentucky page 270, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/f/f1/Igikentuckyaf.pdf.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More