Fairfax Parish, Virginia

From FamilySearch Wiki

(Difference between revisions)
(Truro cross reference)
(Christ Church)
Line 3: Line 3:
 
=== History  ===
 
=== History  ===
  
Fairfax Parish has served [[Fairfax County, Virginia]]. The Falls Church fell within the bounds of Fairfax Parish and earlier, [[Truro_Parish,_Virginia|Truro Parish]].<ref>[http://www.dhr.virginia.gov/registers/Cities/FallsChurch/110-0001_Falls_Church_1970_Final_Nomination.pdf "The Falls Church,"] in ''National Register of Historic Places Inventory,'' p. 8, accessed 17 February 2011.</ref>  
+
Fairfax Parish has served [[Fairfax County, Virginia]]. The Falls Church fell within the bounds of Fairfax Parish and earlier, [[Truro Parish, Virginia|Truro Parish]].<ref>[http://www.dhr.virginia.gov/registers/Cities/FallsChurch/110-0001_Falls_Church_1970_Final_Nomination.pdf "The Falls Church,"] in ''National Register of Historic Places Inventory,'' p. 8, accessed 17 February 2011.</ref> Christ Church in Alexandria also fell under the jurisdiction of Fairfax Parish.
  
 
==== Founded  ====
 
==== Founded  ====

Revision as of 23:08, 5 July 2011

United States  Gotoarrow.png  Virginia  Gotoarrow.png  Fairfax Parish

Contents

History

Fairfax Parish has served Fairfax County, Virginia. The Falls Church fell within the bounds of Fairfax Parish and earlier, Truro Parish.[1] Christ Church in Alexandria also fell under the jurisdiction of Fairfax Parish.

Founded

Boundary

Resources

Parish History

Rev. George S. Somerville's history of The Old Falls Church, Fairfax County, Virginia (1907) has been digitized by Google Books.[3]

Parish Records

Websites

References

  1. "The Falls Church," in National Register of Historic Places Inventory, p. 8, accessed 17 February 2011.
  2. Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
  3. Colonial Churches: A Series of Sketches of Churches in the Original Colony of Virginia (Richmond, Va.: Southern Churchman Co., 1907), 129-133.