FamilySearch LibrariesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Return to the Main Page
Following is a list of the "Library Class" branches of the LDS Church's FamilySearch library system, which includes the world-reknown Family History Library in Salt Lake City. These are called FamilySearch Libraries (with the exception of the BYU Center, which is still considered a center but included because of its size).
"Library Class" is defined as having a larger facility and are generally complete with a dedicated internal computer server and a computer catalog or card catalog of their collection. These branch libraries have dedicated book collections in the thousands, microfilm & microfliche in the tens of thousands, dozens of internet connected computers and microfilm & microfliche readers and some digital scanners. All have dedicated servers with DSL, cable or T-1 internet access. In addition all have at least one multi-use classroom, and several research areas.
These branch libraries have a dedicated non-paid full-time director (usually a husband/wife team) and dozens of volunteer staff. In many cases non-LDS volunteers serve from the community. Local genealogy groups often support these library facilities.
- BYU Family History Center, part of the Harold B. Lee Library, at Brigham Young University, in Provo, Utah
- Idaho Falls FamilySearch Library, Idaho Falls, Idaho
- Las Vegas FamilySearch Library, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Logan Utah FamilySearch Library, Logan, Utah
- London Family History Centre, Hyde Park, London, England (website)
- Los Angeles FamilySearch Library, Los Angeles, California
- Mesa Arizona FamilySearch Library, Mesa, Arizona See also Mesa Family History Center
- Oakland FamilySearch Library, Oakland, California
- Ogden Utah FamilySearch Library, Ogden, Utah
- Orange FamilySearch Library, Orange, California
- Pocatello FamilySearch Library, Pocatello, Idaho
- Riverton FamilySearch Library, Riverton Utah 
- Sacramento FamilySearch Library, Sacramento, California
- St. George FamilySearch Library, St. George, UT. See the book & microfilm catalogs online. 
- San Diego FamilySearch Library, San Diego, California
- Search for smaller center locations on FamilySearch.org.
- See New York FHCs representing ward, stake and other Family History Centers.
- See the Family History Library's official site.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki