Franklin County, WashingtonEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Franklin County Courthouse
1016 North 4th Avenue
Pasco, WA 99301
County Auditor has birth, death and burial
records 1891-1910, marriage records from
1891 & land records.
County Clerk has divorce, probate and court records from 1891. 
Places / Localities
- 1890 Veterans
Some military records for this county have been digitized at the Washington State Digital Archives.
Washington State Digital Archives has digitized various types of naturalization-related records, including declarations of intentions, delayed birth files, naturalization affidavits, notifications of application for admission to US citizenship, orders fixing naturalization terms, petitions and records, petitions, receipts for certificates of citizenship, record of final decrees of citizenship and record of petitions dockets. Depending on the county, records range from 1854-1988.
- Marriages from 25 Aug 1892 to 24 Oct 1906 are available on the Western States Marriage Index website.
- Washington Death Certificates 1907-1960 A free internet index to the 1907-1960 death certificates can be found at FamilySearch Record Search, no images are available. A transcribed death certificate may contain such information as name of the deceased, date and place of death, age, gender, birth date and birth place, mother’s maiden name and name of spouse, place of residence, occupation and certificate numbers.
Societies and Libraries
- The Tri-City Genealogical Society has an extensive collection of local and regional resources as well as references for other areas. Check their resources page for an updated list of their holdings. They also provide genealogical help at the Mid-Columbia Library, have online resources, and conduct local research for a small fee.
- The Columbia River Exhibition of History, Science, and Technology (CREHST) is a museum and science center created to tell the dynamic story of the Columbia Basin and surrounding region." It features an excellent exhibit and materials available on the Hanford project and the huge influx of people to support it starting in the 1940's and continuing through today. Two collections of interest specifically to genealogists are their photos collections (indexes for Marlin's Columbia Photography, North Light Studio and Wendland Studio) and their collection of General Electric Company newsletters. Both these collections contain information on residents of Franklin County.
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Basin City Washington Family History Center
- Columbia Basin Washington Family History Center
- Pasco Washington Family History Center
- Family History Library Catalog
- Franklin County, Washington Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Tri-City Genealogical Society (TCGS) has online data for Benton and Franklin Counties.
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Franklin County, Washington page 732, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Washington-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.