Garrett County, MarylandEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
203 South Fourth Street, Room 207
Oakland, Maryland, 21550.
- Named for John Work Garrett (1820-1884), president of the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad.
- Last county created in the state, 4 November 1872, from west part of Allegany County.
Federal Census reports available 1880-1930.
Maryland State Archives' Guide to Maryland Religious Institutions identifies all churches known to have existed in Garrett County, Maryland. It covers all denominations and includes record descriptions.
Societies and Libraries
- The Garrett County MDGenWeb Project, a member of The MDGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Garrett County.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Garrett County. (Backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Garrett County
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More