Georgia PeriodicalsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 02:22, 10 July 2012 by Murphynw
The major genealogical periodicals and magazines helpful for Georgia research are:
- Georgia Genealogical Magazine. 1961—. Published by La Bruce Lucas, 375 W. Broad Street, P.O. Box 1267, Greenville, South Carolina 29602-1267. FHL Book 975.8 B2gg. This has a cumulative index to 1972.
- Georgia Genealogical Society Quarterly, 1964—. Published by the Georgia Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 54575, Atlanta, Georgia 30308-0575. FHL Book 975.8 B2ga; FHL Film 1730168, index Volumes 1-16, 1964-1980.
- Georgia Genealogist. 1969-85. Published by Heritage Papers, Danielsville, Georgia. FHL Book 975.8 B2ge. The first volume has an excellent review of research methods for Georgia genealogy.
- Georgia Pioneers Genealogical Magazine. 1964-1987. Published by the Georgia Pioneers Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 1028, Albany, Georgia 31702. FHL Book 975.8 B2gp; Volumes 1-10, 12-15, 18-20 on microfilm 1206459.
- Huxford Genealogical Society Quarterly. 1974—. Published by the Huxford Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 595, Homerville, Georgia 31634. FHL book 975.8 D25h; microfilms 1320531 item 4 (Volume 2); FHL Film 1320528 (Volume 3); FHL Film 1320511 item 10 (index to Volume 1); FHL Film 1320535 item 3 (index to Volumes 2-4).
- Northwest Georgia Historical and Genealogical Society Quarterly. 1976—. Published by the Northwest Georgia Historical and Genealogical Society Quarterly, P.O. Box 2484, Rome, Georgia 30161. FHL Book 975.83 H25n.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki