Graham County, Kansas GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Graham County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Graham County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||February 26, 1867|
|County Seat||Hill City|
|Address|| Graham County Courthouse|
410 N. Pomeroy Street
Hill City, Kansas 67642-1645
Graham County Courthouse
410 N Pomeroy
Hill City, KS 67642-1645
Probate Judge has marriage and probate record.
Clerk District Court has divorce and court records.
Register of Deeds has land records. 
1867--Graham County was created 26 February 1867 from unorganized territory. County seat: Hill City 
- Nicodemus Historical Society - Nicodemus was an all-black town settled in 1877. The site includes an ongoing project to identify descendants of the townspeople.
Graham County Cemeteries site lists the name of the cemeteries and a transcription of those cemeteries giving the name, date of birth, date of death, and remarks if any.
- Graham County was not organized until after the Civil War.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Graham County, KSGenWeb - free genealogy resources; part of the USGenWeb Project
- Family History Library Catalog
- Graham County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Graham County, Kansas page 250, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More