Grundy County, MissouriEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Grundy County Missouri genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Grundy County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||January 29, 1841|
|Address|| Grundy County Courthouse|
700 Main Street
Trenton, MO 64683
Grundy County Website
County Clerk has birth and death records 1881-1890;
County Recorder has marriage, divorce and land records;
Probate office has probate records
See an interactive map of Grundy County border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all Missouri Counties.
The History of Grundy County, Missouri an encyclopedia of useful information, and a compendium... (1881) is available online free from Google Books.
- Map of Grundy County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Grundy County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- The Archives of The Chillicothe Constitution Tribune (1889-2009) provides free access to their newspapers online. Their newspapers covered local news that included residents from Grundy County communities.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Grundy County, Missouri. Page 400 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ "Felix Grundy," Wikipedia.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Missouri-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki