Harford County, Maryland GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
Courthouse, Room 304
20 West Courtland Street
Bel Air MD 21014
- Named for Henry Harford, the illegimate son of Frederick Calvert, 6th and last Lord Baltimore. Mr. Harford was the last Proprietary Governor of Maryland but did not inherit the title of Lord Baltimore because of his illegimatacy.
- Created 17 December 1773 from Baltimore County.
- Bel Air
- Aberdeen Proving Ground
Partial Listing of Harford County Cemeteries
Federal Census reports available 1790-1930 including slave and veterans schedules.
Maryland State Archives' Guide to Maryland Religious Institutions identifies all churches known to have existed in Harford County, Maryland. It covers all denominations and includes record descriptions.
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Harris] Harris, Mrs. Norris. "The Harris Family of Balitmore and Harford Counties," The Maryland and Delaware Genealogist, Vol. 31, No. 2 (Spring 1990):68. FHL US/CAN Book 975 B2m.
- List of imported servants and convicts from Europe who served labor terms in Harford County, Maryland (work in progress), courtesy: Immigrant Servants Database.
Through a Joint eGovernment Service of the Maryland Judiciary and the Maryland State Archives, free images and indexes of the complete series of Harford County Deed Books (1773-present) have been uploaded to their website: MDLandRec.Net: A Digital Image Retrieval System for Land Records in Maryland. (Requires free registration.)
- "Harford County, Maryland, Oaths of Fidelity, 1778," The Maryland and Delaware Genealogist, Vol. 29, No. 4 (Fall 1988):126-127; Vol. 30, No. 1 (Winter 1989):10-11; Vol. 30, No. 2 (Spring 1989):46-47; Vol. 30, No. 3 (Summer 1989):88-89; Vol. 30, No. 4 (Fall 1989):126-127; Vol. 31, No. 1 (Winter 1990):6-7. FHL US/CAN Book 975 B2m.
Societies and Libraries
- The Harford County MDGenWeb Project, a member of The MDGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Harford County.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Harford County. (Backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Harford County
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News