Huyton, LancashireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Here is a List of Chapelries in Huyton Parish.
HUYTON St Michael,a parish, in the union of Prescot, hundred of West Derby, S. division of Lancashire; containing, with the townships of Knowsley, Roby, and Tarbock, 7 miles east from Liverpool. At Knowsley is a separate chapel.
A place of worship for Independents was built in 1836.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Huyton St Michael Parish registers have mostly been transcribed and posted online at the following web sites:
|AC = Ancestry.co.uk (£)|
|FMP = FindMyPast.co.uk (£)|
|FREG = FreeReg|
|FS = FamilySearch.org|
|LBMD = LancashireBMD.org.uk|
|LOPC = Lancashire Online Parish Clerk|
|HUYTON BY ROBY ST MICHAEL PARISH (1578) Indexes|
|KNOWSLEY ST MARY Chapelry (1841) Indexes|
|ROBY ST BARTHOLOMEW Chapelry (1850) Indexes|
Original copies of the parish registers for Huyton are held at the Lancashire Record Office, Bow Lane, Preston PR1 2RE.
In addition, the Family History Library, at FamilySearch in Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A. also has microfilm copies of the originals and these may be circulated to any one of its 4,600 satellite FamilySearch Centres worldwide.
Huyton St Michael parish registers and Bishop's transcripts have been deposited at the Lancashire Record Office, Bow Lane, Preston, PR1 2RE. In addition, the Family History Library, Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A. has microfilmed these registers and are available for circulating to its over 4,600 FamilySearch Centres worldwide. Huyton's parish registers commence from 1578.
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 306900. To view these census images online, they are available through the following websites for a fee ($) or free:
- FamilySearch has some of the British Censuses available.
- FindMyPast ($) has all available census records including images, and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and some public and academic libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) has now all available census records but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and at numerous public and academic libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) has all available censuses and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Lancashire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above..
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More