Iowa SchoolsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Iowa school records date from the 1830s to the present. School records, such as school censuses, may list parents and their children, with the ages and birthplaces of the children.
- Iowa History Reference Guide. Iowa City, Iowa: State Historical Society of Iowa, 1952. This bibliography includes sections about American Indians, immigration, land, government, courts, military, schools, churches, businesses, history, and biographies. It is arranged by subject and has an index.
Many school records are preserved at the Iowa Area Education Agencies, each of which keeps the school records for several school districts. Many of these records are on microfilm at the Family History Library, such as:
- Cedar County Iowa, School Records, 1837–1949  These include registers of parents and guardians from 1865 to 1886; school registers from 1868 to 1892; and school records and school censuses from 1837 to 1944.
School records are listed in the Locality Search of the The Family History Library Catalog under:
- IOWA -SCHOOLS
- IOWA, [COUNTY] - SCHOOLS
- IOWA, [COUNTY], [TOWN] - SCHOOLS
- IOWA -SCHOOLS
- ↑ William John. Iowa History Reference Guide. Iowa City, Iowa: State Historical Society of Iowa, 1952. (FHL book 977.7 A3p; computer number 241027.)
- ↑ Cedar County Iowa, School Records, 1837–1949. Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1976, 1990. (On six Family History Library films beginning with 985411 item 2.)
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page