Jefferson County, KansasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Jefferson County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Jefferson County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||August 30, 1855|
|Address|| Jefferson County Courthouse|
300 W. Jefferson Street
Oskaloosa, Kansas 66066-0321
Jefferson County Courthouse
300 W Jefferson St; PO Box 321
Oskaloosa, KS 66066-0321
Probate Judge has marriage and probate records.
Clerk District Court has divorce records.
Register of Deeds has land records. 
Visit the Jefferson County home page.
1855--Jefferson County was created 30 August 1855 as an original county. County seat: Oskaloosa 
- Underwood Cemetery, Perry BillionGraves
Early migration routes to and from Jefferson County, Kansas for European and African American settlers included:
During the Civil War men from this county enlisted in the 15th Regiment, Kansas Cavalry, Companies C and F.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Jefferson County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Jefferson County, Kansas page 252, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in Oregon National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/oreg/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- ↑ National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in California National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/cali/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- ↑ National Park Service, "Auto Tour Route Maps" in Mormon Pioneer National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/mopi/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page