Jenkins County, Georgia GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Georgia-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Jenkins County Courthouse
Harvey St; PO Box 797
Millen, GA 30442-0797
Probate Court has marriage and probate records;
Clerk Superior Court has divorce, court and land
records from 1905
1919 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
Places / Localities
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War battle was fought in Jenkins County.
- Map showing Civil War battles in Georgia.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Jenkins County, Georgia Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Jenkins County, Georgia. Page 157 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 13 August, 2012)
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News