Jenkins County, GeorgiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Georgia-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Jenkins County Courthouse
Harvey St; PO Box 797
Millen, GA 30442-0797
Probate Court has marriage and probate records;
Clerk Superior Court has divorce, court and land
records from 1905
1919 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
Places / Localities
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War battle was fought in Jenkins County.
- Map showing Civil War battles in Georgia.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Jenkins County, Georgia Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Jenkins County, Georgia. Page 157 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 13 August, 2012)