Kennebec County, MaineEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Kennebec County Courthouse
95 State Street
Augusta, ME 04330-5611
Register of Deeds has land records from 1799. Probate Court has probate records from 1799. Town Clerks have birth, marriage and death records.
- Four partitions:
Places / Localities
Cities • Augusta • Gardiner • Hallowell • Waterville
Unorganized territory • Unity Township. For further details see Maine townships.
Communities • Clinton • Farmingdale • Oakland • Winthrop
Villages • Libby Hill • South China
Extinct or unincorporated towns • Dearborn • Harlem • Unity
Maine Newspaper Archive. Indexes Free; Digital Page Images $ (GenealogyBank $) Twenty-two early Maine 18th and 19th century newspapers, 1785-1898 online. Indexes (free); digital images ($). These newspapers are from Augusta, Bangor, Belfast, Brunswick, Castine, Eastport, Falmouth, Hallowell, Kennebunk, Portland, Saco and Wiscasset.
Age. Indexes Free, Digital Pages $. 1832-1861. at GenealogyBank. $
Herald of Liberty. Indexes Free, Digital Pages $. 1810-1815. at GenealogyBank. $
Kennebec Gazette. Indexes Free, Digital Pages $. 1810-1815. at GenealogyBank. $
American Advocate. Indexes Free, Digital Pages $. 1809-1835. at GenealogyBank. $
Hallowell Gazette. Indexes Free, Digital Pages $. 1814-1827. at GenealogyBank. $
Maine Cultivator and Hallowell Gazette. Indexes Free, Digital Pages $. 1839-1870. at GenealogyBank. $
Societies and Libraries
Family history Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Augusta Maine Family History Center
- Waterville Maine Family History Center
- The Kennebec County MEGenWeb Project, an member of The MEGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Kennebec County
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Kennebec County (backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Kennebec County
- Oakland Area Historical Society - records, photographs, history, genealogy of the Oakland area.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 304. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ Michael J. Leclerc, Genealogist's Handbook for New England Research, 5th ed. (Boston, Mass.: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2012), 101. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974 D27g 2012.
|This Maine-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki