Kent County, MarylandEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- This article is about a county in the state of Maryland. For other uses, see Kent (disambiguation).
400 High Street
Chestertown, MD 21620
- By 1631, William Clayborne was appointed Commander of the settlers of the Isle of Kent which he named for his home, the County of Kent.
- Created 30 December 1637 from the Colonial lands.
- 19 February 1661, Talbot County was set off.
- For a time much of Cecil County was attached to Kent County until 1659 then attached to Baltimore County.
Federal Census reports available 1790-1930 including slave and veterans schedules.
- [de Hinojosa] Hoff, Henry B. "Alexander de Hinojosa and His Descendants in Maryland," The American Genealogist, Vol. 79, No. 4 (Oct. 2004):260-273.
- [Elena] Russell, George Ely. "Portuguese and Spanish Colonists in Seventeenth-Century Maryland," The American Genealogist, Vol. 76, No. 1 (January 2001):50-60.
- [Elenor] See Elena.
- [Holman] See Rue.
- [Rue] Utermohlen, William J. "The Ancestry of Richard Rue and His Holman and Vansant Connections," The American Genealogist, Vol. 69, No. 4 (Oct. 1994):235-245.
- [Vansant] See Rue.
- Coldham, Peter Wilson. "Correspondence with the American Colonies 1739-1782," The Genealogist, Vol. 12, No. 1 (Spring 1998):108-128; Vol. 12, No. 2 (Fall 1998):189-205. [Overseas correspondence of residents of Chester Town [Chestertown] and Kent County with the following surnames: Ringold and Wilmore.] Available at FHL.
Societies and Libraries
- The Kent County MDGenWeb Project, a member of The MDGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Kent County.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Kent County. (Backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Kent County