Kent County, Rhode IslandEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- This article is about a county in the state of Rhode Island. For other uses, see Kent (disambiguation).
|Kent County, Rhode Island|
Location in the state of Rhode Island
Location of Rhode Island in the U.S.
|Founded||June 11, 1759|
|Named for: Kent, England|
Kent County Courthouse
222 Quaker Lane;
West Warwick, RI 02893
(Town and City Clerks have birth, marriage, death, burial, probate and land records
(Five twns in Kent Co) Towns Organized Before 1800; Coventry 1741, East Greenwich 1677, Warwick 1642-3, West Greenwich 1741
There is no county government. The government is located at town and state levels.
- Lost census: 1890
Places / Localities
Clickable Town Map
Archives and Libraries
For tips on accessing Kent County, Rhode Island census records online, see: Rhode Island Census.
Military History and Records
Societies, Libraries and Museums
Family History Centers
- The Kent County RIGenWeb Project, an member of The RIGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Kent County.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Kent County. (backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Kent County
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More