Lewis County, MissouriEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Lewis County Missouri genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Lewis County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||January 2, 1833|
|Address|| Lewis County Courthouse|
100 E Lafayette Street
Monticello, MO 63457
Lewis County Website
Clerk Circuit Court has marriage, divorce and land records;
Probate Judge has probate and court records
See an interactive map of Lewis County border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
- Map of Lewis County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Lewis County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- 1832-1866 - Lewis County Birth Index, Volumes 1 thru 3, 1832-1866. Batch C515331 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1833-1877 - Lewis County Marriage Books 1 thru 3 Index 1833-1877. Batch M515331 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1877-1885 - Lewis County Marriage Books 4 and 5 Index 1877-1885. Batch M515332 at FamilySearch - free.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Lewis County, Missouri. Page 402 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/d/d8/Igimissourij.pdf.
|This Missouri-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More