Liberty of Saffron Hill, Hatton Garden, Ely Rents and Ely Place, MiddlesexEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
St Etheldreda, Ely Chapel, or The Liberty of Saffron Hill, Hatton Garden, Ely Rents and Ely Place was built around 1250 and 1290 and easily was the oldest building standing in Greater London. By 1843, it became an Episcopal Chapel for a Welsh congregation until 1871; it later was gifted to the Roman Catholic Church. It stood within the civil parish boundaries of St Andrew Holborn.
To find the names of the neighbouring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, nonconformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438786.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Middlesex Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Poor Law Unions
Contributor: Add information about the pertinent poor law unions in the area.
Maps and Gazetteers
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- ↑ See Ely Place in Wikipedia at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Etheldreda's_Church