Lincoln Parish, LouisianaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Lincoln Parish, Louisiana|
Location in the state of Louisiana
Location of Louisiana in the U.S.
|Founded||February 27, 1873|
|Address|| 100 W. Texas Ave.|
Lincoln Parish Courthouse
100 W Texas Avenue
Ruston, LA 71270
Parish Clerk has marriage, divorce,
probate and court records from 1873.
- 1873--Lincoln Parish was created 27 February 1873 from Bienville, Jackson, Union, and Claiborne Parishes.
Parish seat: Ruston 
See an interactive map of Lincoln Parish boundary changes.
Places / Localities
Neighboring Parishes or Counties
- Louisiana African American Griots Project ~ USGenWeb Project
- Afrigeneas - African Ancestored Genealogy
- LA Tombstone Transcription Project ~ partial records and photos ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Interment.net ~ LA cemetery records by county
- African American Cemeteries ~ listing by county
- FindaGrave.com ~ cemetery records with search by cemetery, by surname
|Lincoln Parish Census Data|
- Louisiana Census Images ~ USGenWeb Census Images Project
- USGW Digital Map Collection ~ USGenWeb Project
[Louisiana_Probate_Records|Louisiana Probate Records]] ~ information on.
Louisiana Records and Statistics Information ~ where and how to order information.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- LAGenWeb - Louisiana State Records
- USGenWeb ~ Records, Maps, Archives and Other Projects
- Louisiana Archives ~ USGenWeb Archives Project *Family History Library Catalog
- Lincoln Parish, Louisiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed., Lincoln Parish, Louisiana p 291 (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ United States Census Bureau. "Lincoln Parish Quickfacts". http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/22/22061.html. Retrieved 2008-02-02.
- ↑ United States Census Bureau. "Louisiana Population of Counties by Decennial Census: 1900 to 1990". http://www.census.gov/population/cencounts/la190090.txt. Retrieved 2008-02-02.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page